Tuesday, December 1, 2009

bye bye culligan

For those of you who know me at all, know how much I love our reverse osmosis water system. There is just nothing better than a big glass of clean and healthy water. But it does come with a $23 a month price tag. Maybe not much to some, but for us right now, every little bit counts. I had Culligan come and take our water system out yesterday. HOWEVER....I did come across a great company with a really awesome pitcher and filter. We still will get good water and will end up saving $218 a year.

Now what can I buy with that? ..... Just kidding! That is certainly how I used to think though.

Dan has an appointment set for Friday to start giving plasma. I was "permanently deferred" about 12 years ago. (why couldn't I have been blessed with big blood pumping veins?) His plasma, provided he can make it 2 times a week, will be an extra $200 a month. Yippee!!


I plan to do some shopping around on car and home insurance. We like our insurance company and because we don't pay a whole lot right now any way, we never took the time to shop around and see what else might be out there. Actually, Dan has been asking me to do this for while now, I just didn't see a need until now.

Hopefully, the next post will be our detailed budget including our income and all our bills and expenses. We have slowly been working on it, but it's not quite ready yet.
love
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers