Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 2012

bill chart -  January 2012

Here is where we stand. I added the two new credit cards to the bottom. I am keeping them separate from the "original" debt just to keep track of everything better. $68,000 is nothing to be ashamed of. We will get there!

I just realized that the van loan is much higher on this chart than the last one I posted and thought I should explain. To make a long story short, I took out a bank line of credit this summer when some unexpected things came up. I don't even remember what they were anymore but when I called to ask the bank for $1,000, they offered $5,000 in a Personal Line of Credit. I have no idea why, but I agreed to it and before we knew it, instead of just using the $1,000 we needed, we had used almost $4,000. I called the bank and immediately had the line of credit closed. It was at 8% I believe, so it made more sense to apply the balance to the van loan at a lower rate. In hindsight, I would not have taken out any loan at all and I also would not have lumped it into the van payment. The van was so close to being paid off that it lowered motivation to get it taken care of when the balance almost doubled. Oh well....just another lesson learned I guess.
love
love
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers