Saturday, February 6, 2010

one more bill change

I was really frustrated last month after realizing we pay almost $600 a month in interest. For some reason though, that amount was just not adding up to me. I went back and looked at all our cards and realized that one of the cards we thought was at 6% was actually at 16.9%. Well, that was just not going to do, so I got on the phone to the bank right away. There was no way for us to secure the amount on the card, but the bank was still happy to do a blance transfer from the Chase #2 card to their bank credit card at 8%. That's a lot better than 16.9% and because I have banked with this particular Credit Union for over 15 years, I trust them a lot more than I do Citi bank. Our payment that was once $249 to Citi bank, will now be $360 to the bank. We are prefectly fine with that because it is still paying down the debt over all and saving us about $70 a month in interest.

I REALLY DISLIKE INTEREST!!!

I also gave the 2 boys and Dan haircuts and saved a $45 trip to Sports Clips.

All in all, it was a pretty good day for us!!

ETA: Dan wanted me make sure I added all the coupon clipping he did today!!! I just love him!!!
love
love
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers