Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October

bill chart - October


Not the worst month, but not the best either. Still having trouble with the RCUcc. Still making good progress though. I am getting a tad worried about the Discover card. We did a balance transfer to that card back in March with 0% for 1 year. The 0% expires in February. The plan was to have it paid off by January, but I am not sure how that is going to happen right now. At the same time, I am in a state of "I don't care".

I am due in 2 weeks with the new baby and it seems that is about all that is on my mind these days. Pregnancy is very hard on me and I am ready for it to be over. I am looking forward to feeling better again so I can focus more on the bills. Grocery shopping is one place that we have been slacking A LOT. I just can't get to all the different stores to get the best deals that are out there. Getting through just one store is about all I can do. Dan helps as much as he can, but he is also not home a lot either.

We talked a week or so ago and both agreed that once the baby is here, things we get a lot easier. I won't be as tired (or irritable) and I will be able to coupon clip more again and plan out meals better, etc. We both thought we are easily spending an extra $200 - $300 a month just by not planning as good as we could be.

Hopefully, with my next update, I will have a little baby in my arms!!
love
love
love

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,

    I don't know if I remembered to post a comment when I've visited before, so I wanted to make sure this time to let you know how awesome your blog is! I found it through your MilwaukeeMoms post and it is SO inspiring!! I read it awhile back and it motivated me to be better about meal planning and coupons. Now I've gotten pretty good at it (although food prices have gone up lately, so I'm not sure what to do next). Sometime if you get a chance, can you post your family's weekly meal plan or something like that? I'm always looking for ideas on being thriftier in making food. Maybe that is beyond the scope of your blog though.

    Anyway, good for you for doing what you guys are doing! I don't think you're being selfish at all about the family reunion, btw. If anything, the people who get mad at you are the ones who are being selfish because your family should be proud that you will no longer be among the ranks of the millions of Americans drowning in debt.

    Thanks so much for your courage in writing this and helping a lot of us realize we can be on the same road!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Congratulations on the new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Maureen. I loved reading what you had to say. Your comments mean a lot.

    Wow...MM...I have not been there in some time. They changed everything a while back and I remember that I was going to have to redo my profile and password and I just never got around to doing it. I kind of miss it over there. I am glad you found my blog from the post I had over there. I know there are so many other people out there that can relate to what we are going through. I am more than happy to share. I hope it keeps me a little more accountable as well. ;)

    As for your question to meal plans? I guess the answer would fit with some thoughts I have to post about. I'll do the best to answer your question there.

    Thanks for taking the time to check in on us here and there. It makes me happy to know it's benefiting someone out there. Feel free to mention it to other if you want. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Followers