Thursday, August 26, 2010

decided not to go to Noah's Ark this year

For the past few years, our family and my sister's family have made a trip to the Dells together and spent the day at Noah's Ark. We look forward to it every year and have a great time. We really wanted to go this year as well. We pick a date, made the plans and were ready to go again, but as the time got closer, we realized that we had already spent so much this summer that another $250 was not in the budget. I did not want to call my sister and tell her. I knew they would be disappointed but I also know she understands and would be supportive, which she was. This trip will be budgeted in next year as the first thing we plan. :)

We really needed to prioritize and plan better for this summer. We spent all of our vacation money in the beginning and had nothing left at the end. I hate backing out on things, especially when someone else is counting on us, so this was a good reminder to only say yes the things we know we can commit to.
love
love
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers