Monday, August 23, 2010

it pays to shop around

After we cancelled our cable, we got on a 6 month plan with Charter for Internet and phone. Our total was about $80.00 a month. I got a notice a few weeks ago saying our 6 months were up and our new bill would be about $105.00. That is WAY TOO MUCH, so I started calling around. I was able to get a price of $54.99 through a different provider. When I called Charter to cancel, they matched the price and gave us a 12 month plan this time.

I have called a few places in the last couple months about home and auto insurance to see what saving I could get there. We were paying $75.00 a month on the van alone. I never did end up talking to many agents or getting many quotes. My sister gave me the number to her agent last week. I just got off the phone with him and was able to get us a great savings. We were paying right around $135.00 for the van, the trailer and the WRONG coverage on the condo. We will now pay about $90 a month for all 3 three. We will have the RIGHT coverage on the condo rental as well. I fell so good about that!!!

It just goes to show that it pays to invest a little time to shop around.
Love
Love
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers