Saturday, January 30, 2010

new bills and some changes

We just got a few medical bills from some testing I had done early last fall. I am still waiting for our insurance to review one of the tests. The current medical bill is just under $900. I am anticipating at least another $500. We decided to start putting money back into a health savings account (something we have always done up until last year) to pay that off and plan for anything else that might come up. We need to put about $80 a month into that account. That decreases our monthly "extra" some.

When I did the $5700 balance transfer from citi bank to the new discover card, we picked up a monthly payment. I am not sure exactly yet what the payment is, but I believe it will be in the ball park of $130.

I just got our other discover bill in the mail. They raised the min. payment from $104 to $143. Not a real big deal since it's still paying down our overall debt, but it still takes away from the extra we have each month.

Our energy bill was also higher this past month by about $60. Our heat bill is very reasonable, but our electric bill is rediculous. Our water heater is a horrible waste of energy and the computer tends to be on a ton. We are going to try a few things different next month to see what kind of a difference it makes, but for Feb., I will be $60 short on our extra.

I also applied our $200 savings for our waterpark trip in a few weeks to the Citi card, so I will need to use some of the February's extra for that as well.

Taking all that into consideration, we are still on target to pay off the citi card by April 1st, provided our tax return is at least $1200.

I am sure each month will bring changes and surprises that are not always predictable and when that happens, we will just have to adjust a bit.

I don't think I need to use the sale of the Alero (which is still for sale) to pay the Citi card at all, so all that money can be applied to the next bill of choice. :)
love
love
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers