Wednesday, January 6, 2010

bringing in extra

Ever since starting the Total Money Makeover, it's has been pretty obvious that I need some kind of a job. Dan's schedule is really tough and limits my options. He leaves at 6am and does not get home until at least 8pm or 9pm Monday - Thursday. In addition to his regular work day and commute, he has church meetings, plasma, weekly work trips and other meetings that he has to attend each week. We miss him a lot during the week and cherish our weekends together. I really did not want to take a job that would require me to work weekends. Although getting out of debt is a big priority right now, spending time together and as a family is extremely important.

So, after giving it a lot of thought, I decided to do daycare again. With 3 small children, I was very hesitant wondering if I would be stretching myself too thin, but decided to place and ad and if the right family and right situation came about, then it could be a good decision. The first and only family that contacted me needed part-time care for one 2 year old girl. What they were looking for fit our family perfectly.

Her first day here will be the week after next. I am really looking forward to it and so are all 3 of our kids. She seems to be a very sweet little girl with extremely caring and responsible parents. I am confident this is going to be a really good thing.

Dan has also been able to give plasma 1-2 times a week. It does not always work out due to their hours and his work schedule, but it's still helping a lot. We decided that the amount he makes giving plasma, $20-$50 a week, would be only used as gas money. They pay you in the form of a visa card, so it works out really great for me to keep the card and use it when I need gas for the van. The money he makes is more than enough to cover the van's gas driving around town and the occasionaly trip we take to visit family or any other extra driving we might need to do. It's turning out to be a great plan.

Keeping with the theme of finding ways to bring in extra money I have been selling, selling, selling. We have been rummaging through the house and storge unit finding eveything we can to sell. I was able to sell another $350 last month. In the sell pile where movies, cloth diapers, kids boots, a paper trimer, golf shoes, shower curtain and a Leapster TV system. Everyone has things to sell if they want to! I keep thinking I am running out, but manage to come up with more each time I try to.


In addition to all that, I was asked by one friend to help out with care for their son for a few weeks while their regular sitter was out with a broken arm and another friend ask if we could do some house sitting while they were away on vaccation. These extra little jobs will certainly help as well.

love
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers