Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back on track

I just finished reading "The Total Money Makeover" again. It was very motivational and put me back on track. Dan is not much of a reader. At this point, most of his motivation has come from me telling him what the books say. He has read some things online, but we decided to get him a few Ramsey books on CD. He drives so much as it is that this will not only help pass some time, but would be the perfect way for him to keep motivated as well. The CDs are on sale for $10 through today.

We had a rummage sale over the weekend and made $285. I listed 9 larger items on craigslist today. I hope to sell most of them this week yet. Our storage unit is pretty much cleared out at this point. Not much left to sell. I guess this is what DR (Dave Ramsey) meant when he said to sell everything until the kids think they are next. LOL And you know what, we don't miss anything!! :) I do have a huge pile ready for the next children's consignment sale this September. I hope to make about $600 from that. We will use that money to buy the items we need for our new baby.

We decided we really need to put our emergency fund back. It is making me very nervous not having that "cushion" in case we need it. We already have it back to $250 and hope to have most of the $1000 back by the end of the month. In order to do that, we won't be able to pay any extra on debt this month.

Cutting back on daycare hours means it will take a little longer to pay things off, but we can already tell the trade off is what our family needed right now. This pregnancy is getting harder every day. I was over doing it. I was getting VERY crabby and stressed out. The kids already seem so much happier. And I am too!! No one likes a crabby mom.

This also means we need to be that much more careful with what we spend money on. We decided to cancel a trip to see the Brewers along with a few other smaller things we had on the calender. We also started using the envelope system for groceries last week. I take out what we can spend and that is it. That should help with any over spending.

This month already looks like we will make a great deal of progress!!
Love
Love
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers