Friday, July 30, 2010

no girl's night for me/no golfing for dan

I was asked to go out for dinner and a movie this weekend with my sister, sister - in - law and a few cousins. Easily a $30 - $40 night. Just not in the budget. Surprisingly, it was not very hard to tell them I could not make it. I really want to deal with this debt and I know what saying yes would do to it.

Dan has been asked a few times if he would be interested in golfing this summer. I know how much he would love to go. Work has been extremely stressful for him lately and he is putting in a ton of extra hours. But again, it would not be helping in the overall goal and in the long run, would not be worth it.

Here is a very good example of why we need to be working together. If one of us said yes, the other might feel resentful. That might turn into even more spending to "get even". I think a lot of couples get caught in this trap. Not only does it cause tremendous marriage issues with trust and anger, but the debt just gets worse. The flip side is a marriage that will strengthen over time. You start to really feel like a team and can not only support each other but be proud of each other as well.

Dan and I are very much looking forward to reaching our goal together, as a team.
love
love
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers